The University of Maryland Golf Course offers excellent outing packages on our spectacular championship course. We can also outfit your group in Maryland logo apparel and create custom prizes and tee gifts. Our catering department can handle all of your food and beverage needs, from beverage carts on the course to fabulous dinners in the clubhouse.
Receive a special group rate on merchandise add-ons. We can supply tournament gifts with Maryland logos or your own custom logos (extra charges apply). Some items may require extra lead time, so call now!
The following guidelines are enforced by the University of Maryland Golf Course for each hosted outing. The event chairperson is responsible for adhering to the following:
- Tournament must have prior approval before bringing any merchandise, prizes, food and/or beverages onto the University of Golf Course property.
- The University of Maryland Golf Course requires that a signed contract and 25% golfing deposit be on file to guarantee an outing. A final billing headcount is due 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Events may only be canceled when weather conditions warrant closing the golf course. If your outing is canceled and a suitable make-up date can not be arranged, your deposit will be refunded in full.
- You are expected to complete your round within 4.5 hours. Each player must have a bag and clubs (minimum of 5 clubs).
- All players must wear contemporary golf attire. Unacceptable attire includes cut-off jeans and shirts, and running shorts. All players must wear tennis shoes or golf shoes on the course and practice areas. SOFT SPIKES ONLY. It is the responsibility of the coordinator to inform his or her group of the dress code.
- Morning Shotguns are available on Monday through Friday at 8:00am. Minimum required for a shotgun is 60 players. Afternoon Shotguns are available beginning at 1:30pm for 60 or more players, however, will only be granted if a morning Shotgun has been reserved. See the Outing Guide for more details on Shotgun starts.
- With outings of less than 120 players, the golf course reserves the right to place other players on the course.
- All food and beverage consumed on golf course premises must be purchased from the University of Maryland Dining Services. Outside food and beverage are prohibited. Please contact Tina Nguyen, Catering Manager, at (301) 314-6631 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- The Outing Chairperson of the event will be held responsible for all guidelines and damages done to the golf course by anyone participating in the outing. For outings of 20 or more players the balance is due in one check.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
What dates are available for my event?
- The golf course maintains a 12 month Calendar of Events. To check on date availability, please click onto our calendar page.
Can I have a Shotgun event?
- Shotguns occur when all golfers tee off at the same time from different holes. We do 8:00am Shotguns for 60 or more players, however, afternoon events will only be granted if there is already a morning event scheduled. There are a limited number of shot guns available during the golf season.
What if I show up with fewer people than stated in my contract?
- The University Golf Course closes the tee sheet to additional sales at an appropriate time based on the stated player count received from the Outing Chairperson two weeks in advance. At that point, the Outing Chairperson becomes responsible for filling his/her player count and the amount due the day of the event.
Am I required to have food service with my event?
- No, however we will offer several Outing Food & Beverage options from which you may choose. If you wish to book an event for golf only, we are happy to assist you. Some small events choose to enjoy the offerings of our bar and restaurant after they finish playing. If you think this is something you may like to do, please speak with our Tournament Coordinator for some great ideas.